Richard H. Moeller has been in the private practice of law since his graduation from law school in 1985. After taking his first Vaccine Injury case in 1998, Richard has been actively representing petitioners in the Vaccine Injury Program for the past twenty-plus years. In just the last ten years, he has or is currently the attorney of record in over forty claims, involving neurological injuries, autoimmune conditions, and shoulder injuries (SIRVA). He takes pride in carefully examining each situation presented to him with an eye towards accepting cases that offer a reasonable basis for recovery. He and his partners, Coy Weidner and Kaitlin Boettcher, personally engage with people contacting Vaccine Injury Pros, instead of using case intake workers or screeners.
As a member of the Vaccine Injured Practitioners Bar Association (VIP Bar), Richard is able to share with other members the collective experience and insight of lawyers whose only or primary area of practice is representing persons with vaccine injuries. The VIP Bar was also instrumental in preventing recent attempts to remove shoulder injuries as a covered adverse reaction.
Richard is a 1982 graduate of Iowa State University where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, with distinction, and was invited to membership in the Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society. Richard earned his Juris Doctor in 1985 from the University of Iowa where he graduated with distinction. He is admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts in Iowa and Nebraska, as well as the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Federal Claims. Richard is a member of the Iowa State Bar Association, the Iowa Council of School Board Attorneys, the Iowa Supreme Court Grievance Commission, a past two-term member of the Iowa Supreme Court Commission on the Unauthorized Practice of Law, and past President for the Woodbury County Bar Association.
Richard also maintains a general practice in litigation involving personal injury, employment discrimination and wrongful termination, real estate, non-compete agreements, quiet title actions, real estate taxes, contract disputes and business torts.
- Iowa State University, 1982
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1985
- The Iowa State Bar Association
- Woodbury County Bar Association
- Iowa Supreme Court Grievance Commission
- Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association
- Iowa Council of School Board Attorneys
- Member – Vaccine Injured Petitioners Bar Association
- Member –Iowa State Bar Association
- Member –Woodbury County Bar Association
- Member – Siouxland Community Foundation Board of Directors
- Member – Humanities Iowa Board of Directors
- Former member –Iowa Supreme Court Commission, Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Member – Iowa Supreme Court Grievance Commission